Thursday, November 15, 2012

HamsterSpeak Final Stats and Reminiscence

For the last year and a half, I've let the HamsterSpeak Contributor Index sit around without being updated. Well, I've finally gone in and filled it out in its entirety, from issue 1 to 63. If you'd like to take a look at it for whatever reason, here you go: http://www.superwalrusland.com/ohr/cont/Contributions.html

At this point, I'm much happier not working on HamsterSpeak, and I'm having a much better time just writing this blog. We had a lot of fun over the last five years, but I needed a break, and now that I've taken one I don't feel any strong desire to get back in the game. I've thought about launching an OHR review/feature site to replace HS and archive all of its content there (in addition to in the magazine itself), but this would involve learning a lot of code that I just don't have time to learn.

So, I'd like to take a second to announce that HamsterSpeak is officially closing shop. If someone else wants to take a shot at running an OHR magazine, now's the time. It's hard, frustrating work, especially on months where no one contributes, and it takes a lot of dedication. If you can pull it off, I salute you. Just don't use the same name.

Here are some statistics, for those of you that like that kind of thing. They're probably not 100% accurate. That's ok.

Total Issues: 65 (63 original issues, 2 Best of issues)

Author Commentaries: 21

Features: 163, plus 10 Plotscripting specials

OHR Icons Features: 9

Interviews: 11

Previews: 61

Retrospectives: 49

Reviews: 170

Terrible Game Reviews: 14

Games with the Most Articles:
Vikings of Midgard: 8
OHR House Heroes: 7
Bloodlust: 5
Halloween Quest 3: 5
Surlaw Armageddon: 5


Most Prolific Contributors:
Paul Harrington: 116
Red Maverick Zero: 60
Meatballsub: 51
Fenrir-Lunaris: 47
Jeremy Bursey: 38
Willy Elektrix: 31
Adam Perry: 28
Kingston C. Rockwell: 24
Only One in All: 24

It's been grand. See you out there. If you want to keep up with me and my writing, keep on following this blog, but as far as HamsterSpeak goes, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment